Mark your calendars #SHOPSMALL 2018 is Saturday November 24th! There are many reasons to fall in love with this new family tradition.
On Thanksgiving Day enjoy time with family and friends - eat until you're stuffed and watch a few college football games or attend your local high school game. On Friday get outside and go for a hike to burn off those calories. On Saturday, head to "Main Street" to spend your money in local, independent stores and cafés.
Reasons to #SHOPLOCAL
* It's fun. My family used to shop on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving). We'd get up early, head for sales, then meet for breakfast. No more. It's just too painful: no real bargains, crazy crowds, unpleasant employees. Now, we've made Small Business Saturday our tradition. We sleep in, meet for breakfast at a local, independent café, then go shopping in small stores. Nice!
* You support your community - schools, police and fire departments. When you shop small, the bulk of the money you spend and most of your taxes stay local — helping schools, paving streets, keeping you safe.
* You'll raise your property values. Lively, vibrant neighborhood shopping streets are considered an advantage when selling a home. They make your property more valuable.
* You'll strengthen your community. Local businesses are owned by people who live in your town, go to your church or synagogue, donate to local animal shelters, coach Little League teams. When you spend money in their stores and cafes, you support your neighbors.
* You'll create jobs. Local businesses create local jobs. Often, these are jobs that pay better than those at chain stores.
* You'll find unique, one of a kind, handmade goods and how cool is that!
At Makers Tableau, we wholeheartedly support the local makers, artists and small business owners who help make our community a strong a vibrant place to live and work